Established in 1852 with an 88 acre plot
and then increased by a further 94 acres in 1877, St Pancras and Islington Cemetery claim to be the largest in London.
Complete with two chapels, a crematorium
and a vast network of roads this cemetery can't fail to impress. The Council even provide a free bus service at weekends and
bank holidays to enable easy access to the various areas of this vast cemetery.
The most impressive feature has to be the
"Mond" mausoleum. The two photo's below fail to portray the sheer size of this granite and marble structure, which is
the final resting place of Ludwig Mond, a wealthy German Industrialist who was renown for his generous donations to charity.
Located on the High Road in East
Finchley, access by public transport is via East Finchley tube station which is approximately 15 minutes walk from the Cemetery.