St John the Baptist Church, Great Amwell in Hertfordshire
is attractively set in the hillside overlooking the New River. Information on it's history seems scarce but from what we
can find out it appears much of the current church was built in 1836 with further restoration carried out in 1866
for Rev. Richard Parrott.
The church is Grade II listed and retains its Norman
apse, found in only 2 other churches in the county, it's also considered to have features of outstanding interest.
The photos below were taken on two separate visits in
Spring and Autumn of 2008.