The Chapel was a comparatively small structure. The internal
measurements, as indicated by the present cleared area, were 14 feet by 22 feet. The floor was wooden blocks (parquet) and
until recently the pattern could still be seen on the site.
There was a wooden wainscot to the walls to a height of about four
and a half feet. Along the north and south wall there were pews, on the north side the pews extended the whole length of the
wall but only partially so on the south side, as at the west end there was a Minister's Stall and an alter on a
dais. The alter ornaments consisted of a wooden cross and two wooden candle sticks. These ornaments since the chapels demolition
were to be found in St Andrews Church but unfortunately they were stolen in September 1996. Daylight came from large windows
in the north and south walls and artificial illumination was provided by both oil lamps and candles. The decoration is recalled
as being in pastel shades following World War II but by the 1970's as being off-white and mauve.
By the early 1900's space in St Andrews Cemetery was beginning to
run short. As a result of this the council acquired a larger plot of land to the north west of the existing cemetery
and in 1906 the Corporation Cemetery was opened.
Today the Corporation Cemetery is still fully functional and now
includes two garden areas for the interment of cremated remains. The Cemetery is situated on the North Road (A119)
with the main entrance to the left in Bramfield Road. The nearest railway station is Hertford North (45 minutes from
Kings Cross or Moorgate) which the cemetery is approximately 10 minutes walk to the north.